5 Key Truths
There really are no adjectives that perfectly describe how this past year has been for me. Challenging to say the least; a huge learning experience to say the most. Other words that come somewhat close are intense, painful, confusing, liberating and healing. This journey of healing, getting to know the real me (not the ego scripted version I thought was me) and breaking down my walls and barriers has been hard, even grueling at times. Regardless, it's a journey I'm committed to and I know it's the most important and rewarding of my life. In today's post, I would like to share a few key truths that I have learned and lived over the past 12+ months.
1. Our mind is like an iceberg; the conscious mind being the part that we see on top, what we are aware of; the unconscious mind is the massive part that hides below - we have no idea what's there until we go looking for it. Our lives and reality are mostly run by the unconscious part. You want to change your life, you start chipping away at the unconscious and bring it to light.
2. Our inner child plays a huge role in our daily life. Just about any issues we have present day can be traced back to needs that weren't met when we were children. Inner child work is a powerful tool that enables us to take a huge step forward towards healing and shifting our reality as we know it.
3. No emotion is bad or useless. Every emotion we have is an indicator of how we're feeling, which is an indicator of what we're thinking and believing. Our emotions can lead us to the thoughts and beliefs that we need to change so we can feel better. Every emotion is valid. While not very pleasant, it's good to feel the anger, sadness, despair - they are there to get our attention. Stuff them down or ignore them and they will pop up again and again until they do get your full attention - i.e. manifesting as a physical illness. Every emotion has a message for us.
4. We can’t force forgiveness - it happens when we’ve achieved our own healing. We can set the intent that we wish to forgive, but it truly won't happen unless we do our own healing work to get there. It comes about organically when we’ve worked with and healed our own wounds by getting at the real root issue of the pain that we feel another has caused us.
5. When we feel enclosed in our own darkness or imprisoned inside ourselves – there is always an open door leading out of that darkness/jail. It's an open door that leads us to our own freedom. We just have to explore and find it. We have the choice to stay "locked up" or we can look for that open door – everyone has one.
Love, Adrienne :)
9/21/2016 05:25:06 am
It sounds as if you've made some breakthroughs this past year. It's a lifelong process for all of us, that's for sure. What you write is much of what Anita Moorjani writes in her second book What IF This Is Heaven. Have a great day!
9/25/2016 01:52:23 pm
That's interesting. I didn't know about her second book. Thanks for the info! Hugs!!!
7/21/2022 10:59:36 am
Great post thank yoou
Leave a Reply.
Hello! I'm Adrienne Almamour, an empathic intuitive conduit. I assist people by detecting and clearing their subconscious emotional energy blockages. This blog is a commentary and reflection of life from an intuitive standpoint which also incorporates ways that allow us to be from our heart.